Mood: Infatuated Pain Scale: 3
I've met someone.
The story goes:
Some friends and I decided to go out dancing at one of the local gay clubs. LK said she was going to be my wing-man and find me a girl. I laughed "I'm not ready for a girl!" As we were all standing there sipping our cocktails she points and says "How bout that one, she has good hair." As I turn to check her out, one of the other friends runs over and invites the girl to come over and meet me.
WOW! She does have good hair! She's cute too! We talk a little, both of us obviously feeling awkward, then I ask her to dance. We go to the dance floor dance a couple of songs (she's a good dancer too) and talk some more. She asks if I would like to see her again and I say yes and we exchange phone numbers. My friends come and say it's time to go and we part ways.
Good Hair Girl (aka 15) texts me about 15 min later telling me she was glad she met me and thinks that I'm beautiful. I text her back that it was nice to meet her and she's not so bad herself. At this point, I'm feeling weird. I haven't really met anyone I've been attracted to in such a long time. Part of me feels like I'm cheating even though I'm single. I contemplate whether I should call her later or not.
A couple of day later in the week, I decide to text her (because I can't stop daydreaming about her) and wish her a good week. She responds back and that's the end of our texts. That Saturday she texts me to see if I wanted to hang out. I was actually busy that day, but we agreed to meet up on Sunday for lunch. I'm hella nervous and excited. I think to myself "This is so crazy feeling!!"
Lunch was great. We had a lot in common and connected well. We were both very attracted to one another. Conversation was easy. Only downfall was I found out she is a Gemini. Damnit. That's what J is.
After lunch we decide to take a walk in the a park, as we aren't ready to part ways yet. We end up staying at the park for hours just talking. I tell her where I'm at emotionally and she says she understands. I'm reluctant to engage in the feelings I'm having for her. We part ways with a hug. I leave feeling very giddy.
Next weekend we go to gay pride together. I meet her friends and we all have dinner and hang out together. As the night wears on I invite her back to my hotel and she stays the night with me. WOW. Let's just say...very compatible.
At this point I'm very surprised and confused by my feelings. The last time I felt this way was when I met J. I really didn't expect to meet someone I connected so well with so soon. I mean, I expected to meet a couple of someones eventually and have a good time, but not a CONNECTION. I'm not sure if I should trust these feelings or not. I don't think they are the results of my broken heart, but how do I tell. I know she is having intense feelings for me too. We both scare each other, but have decided to just go with the flow and see what happens. It's hard to get her out of my head and that freaks me out!!
Life has sooo many unexpected turns. sigh. Any advice from cyber space?
Did I mention she's a 15??
2 comments:
Wow, what an interesting turn of events!!!!
No kidding!! I really wasn't expecting that at all!
Post a Comment