Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Our Rear-End


Mood: Angry

Pain Scale: 7

Weight: 132.4



We were rear-ended on Monday. Funny enough I had played hookey from work to hang out with the wife when the incident occurred. We were on our way home sitting STOPPED at a red light when WHAM!!! This guy barrels into us at approx. 25-30 mph!! We heard no screeching breaks or anything. I hit the steering wheel and my knee hit the dashboard. Wife hit the dashboard and her coffee went everywhere. Rascal (our little chihuahua) thankfully was guarded by our arms and didn't hit anything.



I was stunned and dazed just sitting in the car at first. DP, being a paramedic, jumped out of the car to check on the other driver once she realized WE were ok. He was ok too. Our cars are another story.



We called the police to get a police report and yesterday we noticed that the report is CRAP! It doesn't say anything on it!!! It doesn't even have the areas of impact circled on the little diagram. I'm hoping the cop is typing one up at the office and we will receive it in the mail shortly. He better!



The driver said a big truck had drove by (which we saw too) and splashed mud on his windshield so he couldn't see. It had also just started to rain. I want to know, why the hell was he going so fast if he couldn't see out of his windshield!!! He also stated that he worked in the area, which means he KNEW there was a red light there. What is wrong with people??!!!



Our car (2005 Toyota Corolla S) was drivable. His was not. He was driving a Ford Taurus (wagon I think). It was totally crunched in. Fluid was leaking from it. It wouldn't start. Both his airbags were deployed. His windshield was broken. Our car totally buckled near the back window. Our bumper is shot. The inside of the trunk is totally bent upwards. The frame is all bent to hell. Did I say that this is my FIRST NEW car and it's only TWO years old!!! It's also my first accident. I've never been in one before and I hate them!!!



We immediately drove the car to the body shop to get an estimate on the damage. $6,000 to 7,000 so far. And part of that is only a guesstimation of repair needed for the frame, which you can't see!!! CRAP!!! That's like half the value of the car!!! Let's not even talk about what the accident has done for the resale value! Our car will be out of commission for at least 2 weeks to be repaired. We don't have much rental car insurance either!!We are also both experiencing back and neck pain.



The thing that makes me the angriest. Is that I was starting to feel better. I was getting the Fibro under control. I felt that my body was fairly close to being ready for pregnancy. Now my back is hurting, my Fibro is most likely going to flare and I'm F***ING stressed out!!! But I have to remind myself that thankfully we we weren't preggo or in the TWW. *sigh*



Damn it.



Pictures of the "car"nage.






1 comment:

Jude said...

Awwh man, this must be rear-end week. So sorry yours was such a doozy. Hopefully insurance will take care of everything and you will be treated well and not be in too much pain. I am thinking of you guys.

Ugh ugh ugh. No fair.