Pain scale: 6
So the time is growing nearer and we're on the hunt to find the perfect Dr. The hunt is frustrating me to death. I am very particular when it comes to who's going to be poking and proding my nether regions for 9 consecutive months! So, I suppose a lot of the frustration I'm feeling is do to my strict guidelines. This is what I'm looking for:
- Queer friendly OB
- OB that works with a midwife
- OB that has privileges at one of my preferred hospitals
- OB who's covered under our insurance
- OB who would be willing to do fresh sperm inseminations
- OB who is a very open minded and friendly person
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I tried one recommended office yesterday only to be greeted by a mean receptionist. Our conversation went like this:
- me: Hi, I would like to set up an annual exam.
- Meanie: Can you hold?
- me: sure
- no sound for several min
- sound of phone dropping
- Meanie: can I help you?
- me: yes, I wanted to set up an annual exam?
- Meanie: are you already a patient?
- me: no
- Meanie: what type of insurance do you have?
- me: blue shield
- Meanie: do you belong to a group?
- me: Santa Clara
- Meanie: is it HMO or PPO?
- me: HMO
- Meanie: Well our next available appointment isn't until January
- me: WOW really.....well when in January?
- Meanie: mmmmm...the 5th.
- me: is there an appointment after 3pm?
- Meanie: we don't see patients after 3.
- me: I'll call back.
- Click
The tone of her voice was very rude. I felt like she was judging me on the type of insurance I had. It made me sooo mad yesterday!! I've tried some other recommendations, but no luck getting in to see them so far. So, I'm still on the hunt. My social anxiety doesn't help in the least bit either!!! This is the worst! I wish there was some kind of listing with queer friendly Dr. on it. I've looked for one but haven't found one yet!
1 comment:
don't you just hate that!? I have changed doctors more because of badly mannered office women or just a plain badly managed office.
One time I complained to my doctor, and there were changes, but it isn't all that much better.
Post a Comment